Jobs at the Library
How to Apply
To apply for San José Public Library jobs, please visit the City of San José’s employment page at www.sanjoseca.gov/cityjobs and select the "Open-Competitive Recruitments" link.
We will be accepting applications for the following jobs:
SJPL Works Intern
Hourly Range: $11.48* – 21.92/hr.
Full/Part Time or On-call: 20–30 hours per week
Employee Status: Internship
Close Date: December 2, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Get Started: Please send resume and cover letter to John.Savercool@sjlibrary.org.
*Compensation Notice: This classification is covered by the minimum wage, and pay starts at $13.50/hr instead of the posted $11.48 amount.
Position and Duties
Work with Career and Business Librarians to promote and host programs for SJPL Works.
- Evening & Saturday availability preferred.
- Interest in helping others find their career and build their business.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Eventbrite).
Current enrollment in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student.
Why work at San José Public Library?
It is an exciting time in San José! With overwhelming support from our communities and our City Council, we are increasing our open hours at all of our library branches. Would you like to work for one of the most exciting and innovative library systems in the nation? Now is your opportunity!
San José Public Library offers:
- Culturally diverse population of nearly 959,000 in the country's 10th largest city.
- One of the busiest library systems nationwide with an annual checkout rate of nearly 14 million items.
- Award-winning innovation and leadership: 2004 Thomson Gale/Library Journal Library of the Year and 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for a library.
- New expanded hours for all branch locations
- Library Parcel Tax expansion that was approved by San José Voters
SJPL Employment Notifications
Don’t miss out on important SJPL employment opportunities. Stay connected through one of more of the following ways:
Library Career Employment Workshops and Webinars
SJPL hosts and participates in various library employment workshops and webinars. To be notified of future and workshops email Personnel@sjlibrary.org.
- None scheduled at this time. Check back soon.
SJPL has an extensive volunteer program. To find more information on current volunteer opportunities and to start gaining valuable and rewarding experience working in a library, go to the SJPL’s Volunteer page to sign up.