San José Bridge Libraries
Grand Opening of The Health Trust Bridge Library
- When: Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 10:30 AM — 11:30 AM
- Where: The Health Trust Family Resource Center - 46 Race Street, San José, CA, 95126
We our excited about our partnership with First 5 Santa Clara County and their Family Resource Centers (FRC) to provide access to library resources in the underserved neighborhoods of San José. Our first Bridge Library opened in October 2015, and is located at the Educare Family Resource Center.
What's a Bridge Library?
A Bridge Library provides books, library staff assistance, and library resources for families using a Family Resource Center and serves as a "bridge" between the Family Resource Center (FRC) and the full range of library services offered at San José Public Library branches. Visit First 5 Santa Clara County for a complete list of the FRC locations in San José.
Where are the Bridge Libraries?
We currently have five (5) Bridge Libraries operating at Family Resource Centers in San José:
- Educare Bridge Library - 1399 Santee Dr, San José, CA 95122
- Chavez Bridge Library - 370 King Rd # B, San José, CA 95116
- Evergreen Bridge Library - 2025 Clarice Drive, Room B6, San José, CA 95121
- The Health Trust Bridge Library - 46 Race Street, San José, 95126
- Northwood Bridge Library - 2670 Trimble Road, San José, CA 95132
The The Health Trust Bridge Library will be our fifth location.
How do I use the Bridge Library?
A Bridge Library is different from our other libraries because customers do not need a library card to take materials home. Customers do not even need to visit one of our 24 branch library locations to use our services.
When visiting the FRC, customers can borrow as many books as they would like for their families and return them when they are ready. These libraries are intentionally created to remove common barriers that prevent many families from using library resources.
- Materials are loaned on the honor system.
- No library card required.
- No late fees.
- No lost item charges.
Books & Events at Bridge Libraries
San José Public Library librarians host storytimes at the bridge libraries, and families in the neighborhood can access hundreds of children’s books to use onsite or take home.
Families visiting the Bridge Libraries will find the following types of books on the shelves.
- Board Books (English and Spanish)
- Picture Books (English and Spanish)
- Beginning Readers (English and Spanish)
- Non-Fiction (English)
- Resource Books (English and Spanish)
For more information about the Bridge libraries please contact us:
- Phone: (408) 808-2617
- Email: email@example.com