Appointment Booking Details
- Appointments can be scheduled up to 4 days in advance or up until 10 AM on the same day.
- Express Pickup service is available Monday – Saturday from 1 – 6 PM at select locations.
- Before making an appointment or visiting the library, please wait to receive a hold notification that your items are ready for pickup or check your account online to verify that your holds are ready.
- For help booking an appointment or for general questions, please call 408-808-2000, Monday – Saturday from 1 – 6 PM or chat with a library staff member 7 days a week.
Returns - Available 24/7
Returns are accepted 24/7 at any San José Public Library locations without appointment. Returned materials will be quarantined and not checked in immediately. No receipts can be given.
Know Before You Go
What you need to know before you go:
- Face coverings are required for anyone (ages 6+) waiting in line to pickup items.
- Customers and staff are required to practice social distancing, maintaining 6-foot space.
- Please do not leave any items on the Express Pickup table.
- Use the book drop to return your items 24/7.
- To ensure your safety, all returned items are quarantined for three days.
- Please do not use disinfecting wipes on items.
- We are currently not accepting book donations.