This training is for adults who care for and/or work with adolescents.
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to adolescents (ages 12-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
This training covers the following:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illnesses in this age group, including
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance abuse.
- How to interact with an adolescent in crisis.
- How to connect the adolescent with help.