Every now and then, libraries need a little extra love from the communities they serve. You can volunteer away your library fines at a rate of $20 per hour. Earn community service hours while helping our East San José Carnegie Branch-maintain a clean and welcoming environment. You may come for the first hour, second hour, or both. Please sign up before you come: Call 408-808-3075
Tasks vary, but may include one or more of these:
- Community room cleaning of tables, chairs, whiteboards
- Children's toys cleanup – Use disinfecting wipes to disinfect children's toys.
- Inspection of books for condition (torn pages, markings, etc.)
- Book cover or media cleaning – Reinvigorate "grubby" book covers or to clean DVDs or CDs and their cases.
- Dusting bookshelves or light cleaning of interior windows or walls
- Litter pickup – Picking up rubbish around the building and outside the library
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in volunteering away their library fines or earning community service hours.
Details and Requirements:
- Limited to 12 volunteers per session
- Must be able to commit to the full session
- Anyone under the age of 15 must volunteer alongside a parent/guardian
- No experience or special skills necessary
- Training and supplies (including gloves) will be provided
For more information or to register, please call 408-808-3075