Checking out OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks through the Library Catalog
You can check out OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks directly from the library catalog:
- Within catalog search results, look for buttons on OverDrive eBooks to Check Out or Place Hold, or type “electronic books OverDrive” or "dowloadable audiobooks OverDrive" in the search box to view a complete selection.
- Click on the "Check Out with OverDrive" button to begin the process. (If there are 0 copies of the eBook available, the "Place a Hold" button will show instead. Click this button to place a hold.)
- Sign in to your library account with your library card number and PIN.
- A list of supported download formats for the book you have selected displays.
- Click "Check Out" and "OK" to confirm the checkout.
- You will now see an option to "Get eBookGet eBook" and choose the correct format for your device. If you choose Kindle Book, you will be taken to the Amazon site to complete your checkout. If you choose EPUB (which works with most devices) or PDF (which works with only some devices), the book should soon appear on your bookshelf in the OverDrive app or on the OverDrive website.
- If you need further instructions, return to the eBooks and eMedia page and find your device in the menu at the right.
Facts about eMedia
- No late fines!
- Find them two ways – through our catalog search and directly on the eMedia sites: