Where to Get Help
Tax help opportunities are available this year at three library locations:
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) - Available at:
- Hillview Branch
- Pearl Avenue Branch
Tax Help from Tax-Aid - Available at:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Library
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
What to Bring
- Photo ID and Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member.
- W-2 forms and all 1099, or all other tax forms you received.
- A copy of last year's federal and state tax return, if available.
- Bank account number and routing number for direct deposit.
- Health coverage information (1095-A,B,C).
- more details
VITA Library Sites
- When: Saturdays, 2:00 – 5:00 PM, Feb. 11 – Apr. 15, 2023
- How: Sign up at the information desk on the day of the program, starting at 10:00 AM. First come, first served. Names are called in order of sign-up, starting at 2:00 PM. Spots are limited. Must be present when your name is called. Assistance is available in English and Vietnamese.
Pearl Avenue Branch
- When: Wednesday, 4:00 – 7:00 PM, Feb. 8 – May 10, 2023
- How: Sign up via the paper sign-up sheet, starting at 1:00 PM on the day of program. First come, first served. Names are called in order of sign-up, starting at 4:00 PM. Spots are limited. Making an appointment or signing up in advance by calling or emailing the branch is not available. Assistance is available in English and Chinese.
Tax Help from Tax-Aid
Tax-Aid is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the Bay Area that provides free tax help for households earning less than $60,000 per year.
Tax-Aid Library Site
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
- When: Saturdays, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Feb. 4, Mar. 11, and Mar. 18, 2023 only.
- How: Walk-ins only. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. No registration necessary.
Tax Aid also has virtual, curbside drop-off, and in-person options at other locations. Learn more.
Where to Get Tax Forms
Our Libraries do not carry tax forms. You are encouraged to get the forms online: