Reading in the Wild. Join the San José Public Library at Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
We are excited to announce our new partnership with San José's Happy Hollow Park & Zoo to further expand our shared treasures to the community. We have been working together for the last few months to bridge our shared resource and provide literacy-rich experience opportunities in one of San José most beloved parks.
Happy Hollow Park & Zoo is a family-friendly zoo that also doubles as a children's amusement park. There are features to entertain and amaze children and even their adults. Sit for a show at the puppet theater, enjoy one (or all) of the many rides and feed the goats at the petting zoo. If that isn't enough, there are the diverse animal exhibits, a dinosaur dig and an education center to complete your visit.
- Join us in celebrating Kristi Yamaguchi's Reading Adventures Saturday, May 19, 2018 at Happy Hollow Park & Zoo. We'll be joined by local celebrities reading their favorite books all throughout the day in addition to an arts table and various other activities.
- Visit us in May as we share our love of reading with weekly storytimes at Happy Hollow!
- Keep an eye on our social media sites to learn about ways to win family 4-pack tickets tot he zoo in the coming months.
More ways to enjoy Happy Hollow on a discount!
- Best Friend Days - 2nd Wednesday of the month. Members can bring a friend to the zoo for free!
- 1/2 Price Admission Days - 3rd Tuesday of the month. Tickets are sold at a reduced price all day!
More Happy Hollow Discounts
- AAA and members of the military can purchase tickets at a reduced price
- Seniors can partake in a free monthly Senior Safari and enjoy the park before one hour before opening with planned excursions throughout the park.
- The annual parking pass is also valid at the following San José community parks: Lake Cunningham Park, Almaden Lake Park, Alum Rock Park.
- Tickets purchased for groups of 14 or more people are offered at a reduced rate.