Immigration News: I-912, Request for Fee Waiver

To request a fee waiver for certain immigration forms and services based on a demonstrated inability to pay. Please consult, or 8 CFR 103.7(c)(3) for the forms and services that are eligible for a fee waiver.

Where to file:

To file your completed Form I-912, attach it and all supporting documentation to the application(s) or petition(s) for which you are requesting a fee waiver. Do not submit your Form I-912 without a completed application or petition. You cannot submit Form I 912 after USCIS has received the application(s) or petition(s) you are requesting the fee waiver for.

Mail your completed USCIS application(s) or petition(s), Form I-912, and all supporting documentation to the USCIS office according to the “Where to File” directions for the specific form. For example, if you are requesting a fee waiver for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, you must mail the Form N-400, Form I-912, and supporting documentation to the address listed in the Form N-400 instructions. Go to and click on the form number for your application to see where to file.


  • Sign your form
  • Include supporting documentation in English
  • Supporting documentation in languages other than English will not be accepted
  • Read the form instructions carefully

See More Immigration News!

Add new comment

Comments are expected to follow the basic rules of civility and be relevant to the topic being commented upon. Comments will be reviewed prior to posting. Blog comments represent the views of the person commenting, not necessarily those of San José Public Library. For more information see SJPL's Comment Guidelines.