Historical Fiction for the family: The Tudors
Fans of historical fiction novelist Hilary Mantel won't have to wait very long to see her award winning novels, Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies on PBS as the BBC miniseries makes its way to the United States.
Told through the eyes of Henry VIII's chief advisor, Thomas Cromwell, Mantel takes us into the dissolution of Henry's marriage with Katherine of Aragon, the split between England the Catholic church, as well as the marriage and beheading of Anne Boleyn. The BBC series is set to air on Monday April 5, 2015 at 10pm.
If you've already read Hilary Mantel's novels and still want more of the Tudors, try one of these historical fiction series in the meantime. There is something for each member of the family. This is a great way to share your interests with the entire family.
by Jean Plaidy:
by Carolly Erickson:
- VIII by HM Castor
- Nine Days a Queen: The Short Life of Lady Jane Grey by Ann Rinaldi
- The King's Rose by Alissa Libby
- Doomed Queen Anne by Carolyn Meyer
- The Redheaded Princess by Ann Rinaldi
- The Royal Diaries - Elizabeth the First: Red Rose of the House of Tudor by Kathryn Lasky