Have Library Fines You Want to Clear? Then Just Volunteer!
Volunteer Away Your Fines at $20/hr
The San José Public Library is launching a revolutionary new program aimed at returning library access to all. Library patrons will have the opportunity to reduce, or even eliminate, their library fines by volunteering at a rate of $20.00 per hour, no experience required!
Opportunities Available at Every Branch Location
The San José Public Library will host numerous volunteer events each month that will rotate through Library Branches, so there will be a number of different volunteer opportunities available throughout the 24 Library locations in San José. Patrons who wish to clear Library fines will have the opportunity to assist with branch programs, library events, and help to maintain the clean and welcoming environment of our facilities.
More Reasons to Volunteer
- Support your local Library and improve their services.
- Encourage civic responsibility.
- Make a difference by strengthening and beautifying your communities.
- Receive physical and mental benefits such as stress reduction, personal growth, self-esteem, and a feeling of accomplishment and camaraderie.
- Gain professional experience which can be pivotal when applying for college or a new job.
- Connect with others in your community.
How to Get Started
For more information and to sign up for the next Volunteer Away Your Fines event, please complete an online volunteer application.
Volunteers under the age of 15 need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Volunteers are required to complete the full duration of their volunteer shift and arrive 15 minutes early to update their library account information.