The Genealogy Sojourner: Do You Know What's Lurking In Your Family's Past?
Genetic genealogy has been in the news recently for its use in aiding in the apprehension of the notorious accused Golden State Killer: Joseph James DeAngelo, Jr. His family profile can be found in the MyHeritage Library Edition. So it's not surprising that authorities will continue to utilize this technique to track down leads in other cold cases and unsolved crimes.
But DNA is only the beginning of the story. For more information on Golden State Killer, DNA, and Genetic Genealogy try these titles:
- I'll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara
- The Seven Daughters Of Eve by Bryan Sykes
- The Family Tree Guide To DNA Testing & Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger
- DNA and Genealogy by Colleen Fitzpatrick
- Trace Your Roots With DNA by Megan Smolenyak
You too can use the host of San José Public Library resources to track down your own family mysteries.