New Year, New You
It's time for a New Year, New You with eResources from the California State Library. For the next 6 weeks, we'll be sharing online resources you can use for a great 2023.
Week 5: Northstar
Last week in our series, we shared LinkedIn Learning with you, which included a course for setting up a budget that works for you. This week, we're sharing Northstar. This resource can help you build your basic digital literacy skills. It offers courses and assessments to test your knowledge.
Northstar: Social Media & Online Safety
One available course covers social media and how to stay safe online when using social media.
Things to Know
If you are new to using Northstar, you can take assessments by only providing your name. If you want to go through the course before taking the assessment, you'll need to follow these instructions:
- Sign Up:
- Select the "Get Started" button on SJPL's Northstar page.
- Select the "Sign up as a learner" link.
- Enter the following and submit:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Don't have an email address? Try this sample Northstar course to set up an email account for yourself.
- Go to your email and look for a message from Northstar.
- Follow the instructions in Northstar's email message.
- Log In:
- On the Northstar page, select the "Log In Now" link.
- When you log in, it might ask you a few questions before seeing the course.
- Getting to the Social Media Course:
- On the next screen, your dashboard, scroll down until you find the section called, "Using Technology in Daily Life".
- Select the "Lessons" button for "Social Media".
- Enjoy the course!!!
Do you have questions about using LinkedIn Learning? We are happy to help. We've got an online resources help page, or you can contact our online resources specialists.
Interested in finding a career you'll love? We'll share our final resource next week. It can help you find the perfect career match...just in time for Valentine's Day! If you are interested in learning about all of the eResources we have available thanks to the California State Library, please check out "New eResources for Academic Support, Job Skills, and More!".
Add new comment