eSpotlight - It's Big Library Read Time!
The next Big Library Read runs April 1 - April 15, 2019
Join us for April's Big Library Read. The book is Homes: A Refugee Story by Abu Bakr al Rabeeah and Winnie Yeung. The eBook will be available for check out by any library card holder from April 1 through April 15 - no holds, no waits!
Al Rabeeah's book chronicles the struggles of his family, who left their home in Iraq for Syria in hope of a safer life – just before the Syrian civil war broke out. Abu Bakr, one of eight children, was ten years old when the violence began on the streets around him: car bombings, attacks on his mosque and school, firebombs late at night. Homes tells of the strange juxtaposition of growing up as a typical teenager in a war zone: horrific, unimaginable events punctuated by normalcy – soccer, cousins, video games, friends.
Read the book, then discuss it -- with readers all over the world!
The Big Library Read is an international reading program that simultaneously connects millions of readers around the world with an eBooks through public libraries. There are several ways that you can participate:
- Just read the book and know you're reading with thousands of other people! Wow!
- Comment on this blog and discuss with other San Jose readers.
- Head over to the Big Library Read website and comment on their discussion forum
- Comment on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and use the hashtag #BigLibraryRead. Don't forget to tag us! We're @sanjoselibrary on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- All of the above - why limit yourself!
We can't wait to hear what you think!
Got questions? We've got answers!
Feel free to contact us. We will happily answer any questions you have!