eSpotlight - A Fresh Look at: Discover & Go
Get to know the Bay Area with tickets from Discover & Go!
Discover & Go is a unique service that allows San Jose Public Library card holders to get free or discounted tickets to some of the Bay Area's coolest museums and attractions.
Getting Tickets is as simple as 1-2-3-4
- Sign in to Discover & Go with your library card number and PIN.
- Browse the list of attractions to find the one you want by clicking on "Attractions," or find tickets for the day you have in mind by using the calendar.
- Reserve your pass by clicking on the "Reserve Pass" button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
There are a few things you should know before you reserve your pass...
The rules and pass types are different for each attraction
- Make sure that you read the description of the attraction carefully before you reserve your ticket or pass. Some attractions offer free tickets, and other just discounted passes. There are a few attractions that have age limitations for the passes! Click on the name of the attraction to see the full description.
- Many attractions limit you to one free ticket or pass per year. Choose your date wisely!
- Some attractions will accept a mobile pass so that you don't have to print. Others only accept printed passes -- make sure to find out which your passes are before you go. Remember that all of our branch libraries have computers with printers attached where you can print your passes. Black & White print-outs are only 15 cents per page at the branches and 20 cents at King Library.
- If you print or attempt to print your pass, you will not be able to cancel it, so make sure that you have exactly the date and attraction you want before clicking on the print button.
- You can only reserve two (2) passes at a time. As long as you haven't printed you can cancel them, though.
- Many attractions offer only a handful of passes, and are in VERY high demand. The California Academy of Sciences, the Exploratorium, and many other attractions release new passes on the first day of every month, two months in advance. That means that on April 1, many will release passes for June. Try to get to the site early to get those popular passes!
Get started now!
Check out Discover & Go today! All you need is your library card!
Got questions? We've got answers!
Feel free to contact us. We will happily answer any questions you have!
We're always open!