Early Literacy Activities to do at Home: September 2017 Calendar
These fun and simple activities are just one way to help develop your child's pre-reading skills. Pick and choose or try them all!
Visit sjpl.org/events to find library programs and events near you!
September 2017 Calendar of Activities
- September 1: Try a new food today
- September 2: Visit the library
- September 3: Try to jump on one foot
- September 4: LIBRARY CLOSED - LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
- September 5: Count the number of green shirts in your closet
- September 6: Point to the letters on a page when you read
- September 7: What is the weather like today?
- September 8: How many shapes can you make with your fingers
- September 9: Sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" before bedtime
- September 10: Play with measuring cups during bathtime
- September 11: Look for a book about pirates
- September 12: Try tracing the first letter of your name
- September 13: Have a picnic with your toys
- September 14: How many letters are in your name?
- September 15: What shapes are the windows in your home?
- September 16: What rhymes with the word "play"?
- September 17: Play catch outside today
- September 18: Tell someone about your favorite song
- September 19: What is one new thing you tried today?
- September 20: What letter does "September" start with?
- September 21: Cut up paper! Use scissors or your hands
- September 22: Visit the library
- September 23: Help put away the dishes, count them as you go
- September 24: Smell, sort and touch the clothes from the laundry
- September 25: What different types of cars do you see on the road?
- September 26: Sing to your favorite song
- September 27: Play a game of Peek-a-Book
- September 28: How many legs does a dog have?
- September 29: Count to 10 with your eyes closed
- September 30: Draw a picture using only your favorite color