Early Literacy Activities to do at Home: July 2017 Calendar
These fun and simple activities are just one way to help develop your child's pre-reading skills. Pick and choose or try them all!
Visit sjpl.org/events to find library programs and events near you!
July 2017 Calendar of Activities
- July 1: Look for a book about fireworks.
- July 2: Tell a favorite stuffed animal one thing that made you smile.
- July 3: Try a new food. What did you like and what did you not like about it?
- July 4: LIBRARY CLOSED - 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY
- July 5: Identify colors while sorting the laundry.
- July 6: Visit the library.
- July 7: Talk about what you want to be when you are a grown-up.
- July 8: Dance with Gerald and Piggie at St. James Park!
- July 9: Look for 10 green objects in your home.
- July 10: Visit the library.
- July 11: Sing the ABC song.
- July 12: Count the number of windows in your home.
- July 13: Sing a song during bathtime.
- July 14: Count the number of fingers on a grown-ups hand.
- July 15: Try to name a different food for each letter of the alphabet.
- July 16: Clap to the beat of your favorite song.
- July 17: Make a picture.
- July 18: Make a house out of pillows and blankets.
- July 19: Try a new food today for lunch.
- July 20: Practice jumping on one foot.
- July 21: Practice tracing letters in a tray of rice.
- July 22: Share a book with a grown-up.
- July 23: Make up a poem out of nonsense rhymes.
- July 24: What rhymes with the word “cat”?
- July 25: Play with bubbles.
- July 26: Draw a picture of something special to you.
- July 27: Count each step as you go up or down stairs.
- July 28: Visit the library.
- July 29: Talk about a city you want to visit.
- July 30: What color clothes are you wearing?
- July 31: Try to spell the letters in your name.