What Makes a Good Podcast?
You may have come in to contact with podcasts that you like, love, hate and avoid all together. Some are good, some are just ok, and some are bad. What makes a podcast good? Is it the sound quality? An expensive sound system may help with the overall quality but may not create a good podcast. Does having a fine tuned speaking voice help create a good podcast? Having a well spoken host will help the overall quality of a podcast but might not keep all listeners engaged. An important aspect of making a podcast is the ability to convey the subject in an interesting and clear manner.
The art of storytelling has been a decisive factor in indicating what makes a podcast good. Here are the 4 P's of storytelling that can be found in any great podcast today:
Create Your Own
Whether you are creating a podcast for fun or to make a few bucks, there are many things to consider. Here are a few things to keep in mind before creating a podcast:
- Subject: How much do you know about the subject you want to report on?
- Research: Where will you find material on the subject, is the research of good quality?
- Time: How much time will you need to research, record and edit your podcast?
- Costs: What will your upstart costs be for equipment and software?
- Editing: Do you have experience editing audio files? If not, where will you learn?
- Software: What editing software will you use?