Community Spotlight: Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley
Who They Are & What They Do
Rebuilding Together provides extensive home rehabilitation and modification services to home owners in need in many areas throughout Santa Clara County. Home Modifications aim to improve accessibility and independence (grab bars, wheelchair ramps, etc.) or assistance with critical repairs, such as water heaters, furnaces, and roof leaks. Nonprofit organizations may also be eligible for facility repairs. More information...
- Website: rebuildingtogethersv.org/
- Phone: 408-578-9519
- Address:1701 South 7th St. #10, San Jose, CA 95112
- Email: email@example.com
How You Can Use Their Service
- You must have neither the resources nor skill to perform the needed modifications yourself
- Priority is given to low and extremely low income households
- Complete an application - available in English, Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- Applications are accepted throughout the year
- Provide proof of home ownership, driver’s license or CA ID card, documentation of total household income (not assets)
Ways to Get Involved
- Volunteer – skilled trade professionals, service and support volunteers are all needed
- Donations – financial, materials, vehicles
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Books and Online Resources from SJPL
These items can be accessed or checked out with your free library card, or reviewed at the library:
- Articles from MedlinePlus on "Home Modification"
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- Books on "Universal Design" (i.e. home modification)
About Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight is a blog series highlighting local services and resources that are available to our community for free.