Census 2020 at the Library
Every 10 years, the U.S. Census Bureau sets out to count every person living in the United States regardless of age, citizenship status, or gender. Become a Volunteer Census Ambassador and help ensure your community gets counted.
What Volunteer Census Ambassadors Do
As a Volunteer Census Ambassador, you will:
- Raise awareness about the Library Census Station at your local SJPL Branch Library
- Provide basic information about the 2020 Census purpose and importance
- Refer customers to resources where they can learn more about the Census
Here are some additional details:
- 2-4 hours a week from March 12 to May 12, 2020
- Training and orientation provided
- Must be age 15 or older
- Adults (18+) will need to submit a fingerprint background check before volunteering
How to Become a Volunteer Census Ambassador
You can become a volunteer in three easy steps.
Step 2: Complete Volunteer Training
- An online training will be available starting Friday February 28, 2020
- You will learn background and importance of the US Census, how Library Census Stations help ensure an accurate count, as well as how to respond to customer questions
Step 3: Get Started at Your Branch
- You will receive a New Volunteer Orientation from a Library staff member at your branch
How to Get More Information
Visit the opportunity listing for more information and available locations.