Become a VISTA at SJPL
Fight poverty in the San José community by supporting free educational programs and resources. San José Public Library is searching for AmeriCorps VISTA members (18+) to expand Library program capacity at the Early Education, Partners In Reading, and Education and Digital Literacy units at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library.
Library VISTA Members will volunteer full-time to ensure that branch programs and resources address critical community needs. As a VISTA member you can earn money for school and build valuable work experience, all while making a difference.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA member you will receive a number of benefits including:
- Living Allowance- A modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
- End of Service Award- Choose between a Segal Education Award ($5,920) to pay for a range of education expenses or a cash stipend ($1,800).
- Healthcare Benefit- Enroll in either reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan.
- Professional Development Training- in-person and virtual professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Child Care- You may be eligible to receive up to $400/month for child care if you have children under the age of 13.