Limited tax help opportunities are available this year due to the pandemic. See below for a complete list of opportunities:
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
What to Bring:
- Photo ID and Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member.
- W-2 forms and all 1099, or all other tax forms you received.
- A copy of last year's federal and state tax return, if available.
- Bank account number and routing number for direct deposit.
- Health coverage information (1095-A,B,C).
- more details
VITA Library Sites:
- Hillview Branch - Saturdays, 2:00 - 5:00 PM, Feb. 12 - Apr. 9
Assistance is available in English, Vietnamese and Thai.
To make an appointment: You must go to Hillview Branch on Saturday - the day of the program. We will start the registration at 10:00 AM and sign ups will occur first come, first served. *Walk-ups will NOT be accepted on the day of the program after appointment slots have been given.
- Pearl Avenue Branch - Wednesday, 4:00 - 7:00 PM, Feb. 9 - Apr. 13
Assistance is available in English and Chinese.
To make an appointment: sign up for an appointment at pearlavenuevita.eventbrite.com
Find other Santa Clara County locations where VITA volunteers are available. For questions, call 1-800-906-9887.
Tax Help from Tax-Aid is available online
Tax-Aid is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the Bay Area that provides free tax help for households earning less than $58,000 per year. For 2022, Tax Aid is offering both virtual and curbside drop-off tax assistance services. Learn more
Where to Get Tax Forms
Our Libraries do not carry tax forms. You are encouraged to get the forms online: