2017 Tax Help at San Jose Public Libraries
Tax help from VITA is available again this year at several of our libraries. See below for a complete list of opportunities.
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
VITA offers free tax help to hard working individuals and families whose income is less than $54,000. Assistance is available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese at most locations. All locations provide e-File. Volunteers are trained to prepare basic 2016 Forms 1040EZ, 1040A, 1040 with Schedule A, B, limited Schedule CEZ, C and California Income Tax Returns ONLY! You also CANNOT be filing as "Married, Filing Separate returns".
What to Bring:
- Photo ID and Social Security card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member.
- W-2 forms and all 1099, 1098, or all other tax forms you received.
- A copy of last year's federal and state tax return, if available.
- Bank account number and routing number for direct deposit.
- Health coverage information (1095-A) if bought through Covered CA.
VITA Library Sites:
- Alum Rock Branch - Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 4:00 - 7:00 PM, Jan. 31 - Apr. 12
- East San Jose Carnegie Branch - Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Feb. 4 - Apr. 8
- Hillview Branch - Saturdays, 2:00 - 5:00 PM, Feb. 4 - Apr. 15
- Seven Trees Branch - Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Feb. 4 - Apr. 15
- West Valley Branch - Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Feb. 4 - Apr. 8
VITA volunteers are also available at many other Santa Clara County locations. For questions, call 1-800-906-9887.
Where to Get Tax Forms
Our Libraries have not carried tax forms for several years now. You are encouraged to get the forms online: