Start Here - Articles & More!
Points of View Reference Center
Pro and con articles, background information, and research guides on 250+ controversial issues. For high school level and up.
Student Research Center
Articles from magazines and newspapers, biographies, and country reports to help you in your school assignments. For high school students.
Tutor.com SkillsCenter Resource Library for Student Center
Study guides, worksheets, and tutorials for math, science, English, social studies, and various state standardized tests. For elementary, middle school, and high school students.
Social Studies Websites
Controversial Social Issues
- Pros and Cons on Controversial Issues
- Social Issues Index - Multnomah County Library (Lists of links on a variety of issues)
- U.S. Dept of State - Country Background Information
- CIA World Factbook
- Library of Congress Country Profiles
- C-SPAN (national coverage)
- California Public Policy News (News and commentary from California newspapers)
- California Elections and Voter Information