- What Can Be Requested: Items that are not in the library’s collection or not currently available at an SJPL branch library or the King Library.
- If You Have Fines or Fees on Your Account: You cannot use Link+. Pay your fines and fees, and Link+ opens back up to you!
- Loan Period: 21 days, with no grace period on the due date.
- Renewals: One 3-week renewal, unless someone has requested the item at its home library. When you renew a Link+ item, there is a 15 minute confirmation delay online.
- Late Fee: $1.00 per book per day.
- Replacement Fee: $115 per book.
- Maximum items: You can have unlimited Link+ items checked out, but only the normal 5 requests of any kind pending at one time.
Pick-Ups & Returns
- Delivery and Holding Periods: Link+ items may be ready for you to pick up as quickly as 3 business days after your request. The library will hold your items for 10 days and will automatically return items to their home library if you don't pick them up by the end of the 10th day.
- Monitor Your Request: Log in to your library account to monitor the status of your Link+ request. Link+ requests are included under "Holds" along with any regular requests from San José libraries.
- Pick-Up Notification: When Link+ request status shows Link+ RECEIVE in your library account, the item is ready for pick-up. The library also sends you pick-up notices by email or phone, depending on your account settings.
- Where To Pick Up: Pick up Link+ items at your chosen branch or at the Circulation Desk of the King Library.
- Returning Items: Please don't place Link+ items in our book drops! All Link+ items need to be returned to staff at the Circulation Desk of the King Library or at any branch.
Visiting Other Link+ Libraries
We participate in the Link+ Visiting Patron Program:
- You can visit other participating Link+ libraries in person and check out their items using your San José library card.
- You can borrow items for the same period of time as a regular Link+ loan.
- When checking out items as a Visiting Patron, please have both your Library Card and ID ready.
If you are a member of another Link+ library that participates in the program, you can also use your card at all SJPL branch libraries and the King Library, though we encourage you to obtain a San José Library Card.