Late Fees for Overdue Items
- Late fees for most items = 50 cents per day, per item; with a maximum of $20 per item
- No charges accrue on Sundays or holidays.
- Items are overdue if they are not returned to the library before closing time on their due date.
- Check your account online to view due dates for items and accumulated late fees. You must return an item before you can pay any late fees it has accumulated.
- Library sends a courtesy email notification before items are due and 7 days after they becomes overdue.
To Pay Your Fines for Overdue Items:
- Pay online with a credit card: Log into "My Account" and select "Fines", then "Pay Online"
- Pay in person with cash or check
Lost or Damaged Items
- Public library materials = item cost plus $20 handling fee
- University materials = $80 flat rate plus $20 handling fee
- Prompt payment required.
- Must be paid for in person at the library with cash or check.
- Borrowing privileges may be restricted until charges are paid.
- Failure to pay may result in referral to a collection agency.