AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 60 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has helped low- to moderate-income individuals with their taxes for more than 40 years in every state and the District of Columbia.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered in cooperation with the IRS.
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Proof of identification: State issued Photo ID
- Social Security Card or ITIN for yourself, your spouse and your dependents
- Birth Dates for yourself, your spouse and your dependents
- W-2, 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms you receive
- Copy of last year’s Federal and State returns (if available)
- Voided check or bank statement with provided routing number for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for daycare provider and daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file electronically on married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present